Are you a fundraising professional with strong communication skills and a solid network of potential donors who would be interested in assisting homeless and abused pets? Do you have creative ideas for fundraising and the ability to create a strong business plan?
Position Summary: The Executive Director for Friends of Metro Animal Services (FOMAS) is a newly created contract position that serves as a dynamic liaison between Louisville Metro Animals Services (LMAS), the FOMAS Board of Directors (hereafter known as FOMAS Board), and the community. The Executive Director will have responsibility for Individual and Corporate Giving and Special Events to support Louisville Metro Animal Services (LMAS). The Executive Director will uphold the mission of FOMAS, promote its goals, and advise the FOMAS Board in making decisions for the best interest of the organization.
This position is responsible for developing and managing a strategic fundraising plan to cultivate and solicit support from donors. Working in collaboration with LMAS, this individual will develop the goals and strategies and manage the execution of these plans. The person in this position will maintain responsibility for developing a robust fundraising environment that generates annual operating revenue that provides funding that goes beyond government resources needed to support LMAS.
This position reports directly to the FOMAS Board.
Friends of Metro Animal Services (FOMAS) is a non-profit, 501© (3) fund-raising and friend-raising board of Louisville Metro Animal Services (LMAS). FOMAS fundraising makes it possible for the shelter to go above and beyond and offer services that exceed what LMAS government budget allows.
- Oversees the day-to-day administration, programs and strategic planning for fundraising for the organization in coordination with the Board of Directors.
- Develops plans and executes activities to identify, develop relationships and ensure individual donors and corporate sponsors are engaged year-round, educated about FOMAS/LMAS, and are informed about the impact they are making annually.
- Partners with LMAS, to develop strategies to grow the base of individual donors and cultivate prospects through direct mail, online e-campaigns, monthly giving, and newsletters and in person solicitation.
- Enhances the organization’s fundraising and development capability through annual campaigns, special events, and capital campaign programs, cultivation of potential donors, bequests, and special events coordinated with Board efforts.
- Administers agreements and contracts; provides budget management
- Prepares monthly/bi-monthly reports summarizing activities completed, fundraising statistics, community outreach initiatives and other information requested by the Board.
- Refines all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of five (5) years related experience in fundraising.
- Combination of education and work experience may be substituted.
- Strong motivational skills, management skills and interpersonal skills with the staff and the public required.
- Familiarity with fundraising software.
- Be an effective communicator (orally and in writing), possessing the people skills needed to build relationships with the donors and corporate sponsors, as well as the City, FOMAS, LMAS and other community based organizations.
- Have experience in resource development and management, Collaborates well with external and internal partners
- Is flexible, open and receptive to new ideas and approaches
- Adapts to changing priorities, situations, and demands
- Handles multiple tasks and priorities
- Modifies one’s preferred way of doing
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to proactively identify and support creative and viable business solutions.
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others; is approachable/accessible to others
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills, with the ability to balance competing priorities.
- Excellent computer fluency
- Demonstrated track record of effective fundraising
- Budget skills to include budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Exceptional organizational skills
Work day/ hour flexibility will be considered.
Ability to pass a criminal background check and reference checks.
FOMAS is an EEO/AA agency and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age 40 and older, disability, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation and smoker or nonsmoker status.