Jubilee Jobs is a ministry that helps the unemployed and underemployed in the Lexington area obtain employment and guides them in moving beyond poverty toward sustained self-sufficiency, often times offering them a second chance in life. The Executive Director of Jubilee Jobs of Lexington, Kentucky is responsible for the overall management and operation of this ministry and 501 (c) 3 non-profit Corporation. The Director works with local community leaders, government agencies, advocacy groups, corporate employers, churches, referral services, and a Board of Directors to support and execute the mission of Jubilee Jobs. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. In program development and administration, the Executive Director will: Specific committee responsibilities:
- Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
- Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
In communications, the Executive Director will:
- See that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it.
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
- Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
In relations with staff, the Executive Director will:
- Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place.
- See that an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession, is in place.
- Encourage staff and volunteer development and education, and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization.
- Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
In budget and finance, the Executive Director will:
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Work with the staff, Finance Committee, and the board in preparing a budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
- Jointly, with the Chair and Secretary of the board of directors, conduct official correspondence of the organization, and jointly, with designated officers, execute legal documents.
Specific Responsibilities of the Executive Director
- Obtains employment opportunities for clients by creating and maintaining relationships with local human resource managers and employers. Coordinates the placement of clients in employment positions and oversees their long-term progress.
- Raises funding by identifying resource development opportunities, writes grants, creates sales and marketing strategies, calls on and engages potential donors.
- Markets and promotes Jubilee Jobs in the community by attending community events, speaking at area clubs and organizations, raising public awareness, and maintaining a positive public image.
- As part of managing the daily operations of Jubilee Jobs the Executive Director will be responsible for leading all full time employees and volunteers for Jubilee Jobs. Develops position descriptions, compensation, employee policies and benefits in accordance with federal and state requirements and as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Manages accounting functions including auditing, budgeting, financial analysis, and payroll.
- Develops relationships with the Board of Directors and executes board development and training. With assistance from the Board, develops and implements current and long-term organizational goals and objectives.
- Presents workshops (i.e. Orientation/Conflict Resolution/Interview workshops), aids in job counseling, and all necessary parts of job placement.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $75,000
The ideal candidate will have a desire to help others, a mature faith, leadership skills, an entrepreneurial and genuine spirit, the ability to work with a diverse group of people, confidence, and a heart for those who need a second chance.
The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to Jubilee Jobs of Lexington’s faith-based, nonprofit mission. He/she should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Four year college degree and 10 years of senior management experience or equivalent combination; track record of effectively leading a performance and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Proficient command of Microsoft Office Suite products.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter describing how you meet the job requirements and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about our organization, please go to http://www.jubileejobsoflexington.org/ or check out our Facebook page.