Founded in Louisville in 1981, the Center for Accessible Living (CAL) is Kentucky’s first independent living center. The center is a cross-disability resource agency that provides an array of essential independent living services. Employing more than 40 associates, CAL offers services to individuals across the commonwealth, with all types of disabilities. You can also find CAL associates serving in leadership and advisory positions in various community and statewide councils.
CAL is seeking an Executive Director to provide program and administrative leadership in accordance with the independent living philosophy under the guidance of the Board of Directors. This position is responsible for managing all day-to-day operations of the organization, including personnel; representing CAL to external customers and grant agencies; and performing oversight of fundraising activities. The Executive Director will also work closely with the Chief Financial Officer to maintain compliance with all grants and oversee the financial viability of the organization.
CAL is poised to expand its services and impact – the Executive Director will work closely with the Board of Directors to execute on that growth strategy.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal, analytical, and project management skills. Writing proficiency and creativity are required to successfully write for new grant opportunities.
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate experience with contractual compliance working with local, state, and/or federal agencies. The ideal candidate will also understand the needs of individuals with disabilities. Under the direction and guidance of the Board of Directors, the person in this position is responsible for the planning, organizing, staffing, motivating, and management of an organization committed to serving this community.
Salary Range: $65,000 - $75,000
- Masters-level degree required or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience in the non-profit sector that includes fundraising
- Proven success managing operations in a non-profit environment
- Five or more years of experience as a manager who inspires confidence, motivates others, and adapts easily to constantly changing situations
- The ability to work collaboratively and effectively with governmental agencies and other granting organizations
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors
- An excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community
How to Apply:
Please email your resume to CALDirectorSearch@gmail.com.