Founded in Louisville in 2014, ChooseWell Communities, Inc., serves as a catalyst for piloting compassionate and socially innovative responses to our community’s most pressing health-related challenges. With a deep belief in the power of community to transform lives, CWC teammates and volunteers encourage and support young parents who are navigating recovery after successful completion of a residential treatment program. The primary program at CWC provides safe and affordable housing options and community supports to young families in early recovery.
CWC is seeking an Executive Director who enjoys diverse responsibilities and who has the ability to manage a large volume of complex duties requiring attention to detail. This position contributes to and implements the strategic plan and is responsible for managing all day-to-day operations of the organization. The successful candidate has excellent interpersonal, analytical, and project management skills and the ability to prioritize competing needs as a member of a small administrative team. Major areas of responsibility include: Strategic Planning, Operational Management, Program Management and Evaluation; Fundraising and Communications, and Community Partnership Management.
CWC has an annual budget of $150,000. We currently serve 20 families in the Housing-First Pilot, but wish to scale to 70 families within the next 2 years. The Executive Director provides oversight to the Program Director and supervises independent contractors and volunteers, with expectations to grow the organization. Starting salary is $40K plus a benefit allowance.
The ideal candidate understands the needs of people in recovery, section 8 housing, social determinants of health, and child development. Under the direction and guidance of the Board of Directors (BoD), the person in this position is responsible for the planning, organizing, staffing, motivating, directing, and management of a ministry/agency committed to serving young families in recovery.
Salary Range: $35,000 - $50,000
- A BA or BS or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience in services for populations in substance abuse recovery
- Two or more years of experience as a manager who inspires confidence, motivates others, and adapts easily to constantly changing situations
- The experience and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with management, staff, outside vendors, contractors, and governmental agencies
- A creative thinker who can respond gracefully to the ever-changing day-to-day demands of overseeing operations for CWC
- An excellent communicator, both oral and written
- The ability to see the big picture while keeping close tabs on the detail
- A highly motivated self-starter, exhibiting initiative and vision as well as practicality; tenacity balanced with grace and diplomacy
- A “can-do” attitude. The ability to respond to stress with calmness and clarity and get the job done.
- A team player, who can inspire others by his/her positive attitude.
- Proven success managing the operations in a non-profit environment
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Kim Mascaro, Board Member, ChooseWell Communities, Inc.