The Executive Director is the key management leader of the Kids Center for Pediatric Therapies. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Board Governance: Works with the Board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading the Kids Center in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the Kids Center for Pediatric Therapies, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for overseeing the fundraising and developing of other resources necessary to support the Kids Center.
- Organization and Mission Strategy: Works with the Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of Kids Center programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the Kids Center can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the Kids Center image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible effective administration of Kids Center operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for the signing all notes, agreements and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Five or more years senior management experience with a proven track record for excellence, innovation and results
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of the Kids Center’s strategic future to staff, Board, volunteers and donors
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Solid, hands-on budget management skills, including
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Planning, preparation and operation of annual budget.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports such as comparative year to date finance statements, fund balance reports and various therapy reports.
- Prepare and review financial reports with the Board Treasurer for every Board of Directors meeting.
- Plan and prepare Board meeting agendas in coordination with the President of the Board. Communicate with the Board regarding Board meeting matters.
- Establish and oversee all employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organization constituents, the media and the general public. Examples: Metro United Way, Kosair Charities, Crusade for Children, etc.
- Participate and assume leadership roles with various other appropriate community organizations. Examples: Rotary, Metro United Way Agency Executive’s Council, Greater Louisville, Inc., Leadership Louisville, Center for Nonprofit Excellence, Business Networking groups, etc.
- Report and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall awareness and visibility of the organization.
- Supervise and collaborate with all agency staff. Conduct weekly staff management team meetings.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Conduct annual job performance review of all staff. Recommend salary and benefits considerations as appropriate within fiscal boundaries.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Oversee grant writing and other development efforts.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Quality benefits package includes health, disability and life insurance, mileage reimbursement and retirement package.
Email resumes to: Jerry R. Blevins, Sr.
President -Kids Center Board of Directors