- The Southwest Dream Team (SWDT) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit founded in 2008 to address the negative perceptions of the south end and southwest Louisville and to help drive economic and community development of the area. Our mission is to lead a united south end and southwest Louisville to take action, raise expectations, and unite our community.
- South Points Scenic Area
- The South Points Scenic Area (SPSA) Tourism Initiative works in partnership with Louisville Metro Government to promote the natural and cultural attractions of the South Points Scenic Area. Our tourism map, produced annually, is distributed throughout Jefferson County and viewed by 100,000 individuals including visitors and locals alike.
- Future Dreamers Civic Leadership Program
- This program was launched in May of 2019. This is a series of five, 2-hour workshops that helps expose community members to the opportunities and assets of our community, and helps connect them to the knowledge and resources necessary to address these challenges. This program will be hosted twice a year during the Spring and Fall.
- Oversees the annual production and distribution of the South Points Scenic Area Map and tourism initiative (secures sponsorships, oversees design and distribution)
- Facilitates the bi-annual Future Dreamers civic leadership academy (recruits participants, enlists community leaders to speak, secures event locations and caterers)
- Chief spokesperson for the SWDT. Represents the organization to the community and fosters a good relationship and image among the organization and the general and philanthropic community in the greater Louisville area
- Represents the SWDT and SPSA at relevant community meetings
- Builds partnerships with local organizations to support growth of our program areas
- Board Development:
- Coordinates with Board of Directors to host committee meetings
- Supports the work of the Board committees to build capacity of the organization
- Publishes bi-monthly e-newsletter on Mailchimp, maintains social media accounts
- Maintains organization’s database and communicates clearly with Board and stakeholders
Salary Range: Hourly
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- One to three years of experience in nonprofit, business, social services, or other relevant fields
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Ability to prioritize capacity building within a part-time framework
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience or willingness to learn programs such as: Mailchimp, Canva, etc.
- Experience in social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Experience or interest in strategic planning
- Experience or interest in the financial management of nonprofits
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivated
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail oriented
- Valid driver’s license and ability to provide own transportation
- Will have access to sensitive financial, business, and personnel information that must be held in confidence
- Will demonstrate integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the mission of the Southwest Dream Team
This position may require the ability to lift objects of at least 20 pounds in weight. Physical requirements will vary depending upon the specific duties to be accomplished. The schedule for this position is flexible, and up to the discretion of the candidate. Attendance of some regular meetings will be required. Attendance may be required at special events during normal working hours or outside the normal work week.
How to Apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com by June 23. Position is currently open and will remain open until filled. Questions regarding the position should be directed to 502-230-8008 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.