Louisville Visual Art has been improving lives through visual art education, community outreach, and artist support since 1909. As a creative hub now established in the Portland neighborhood, LVA is dedicated to encouraging artists through programming such as Children’s Fine Art Classes, MAP, Artebella, Open Studio Weekend, outreach programs and weekly calls for artists.
The Finance Director is responsible for managing the financial/reporting responsibilities of Louisville Visual Art. This position is presently 20-25 hours per week, with additional hours as needed for grant reporting, auditing and budgeting cycles.
Essential Duties and Tasks including but not limited to the following:
- Independently manages the day-to-day bookkeeping responsibilities including banking accounts, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and benefits, sales tax returns and general ledger
- Reconciles monthly the balance sheet accounts to ensure accurate presentation of the financial statements
- Prepares and coordinates financial reports and schedules for the bi-monthly (6 times a year) Finance Board meeting
- Responsible for annual preparation and submission of organizational budget by functional expense for approval by the Board
- Prepares financial analysis and year-end statements in preparation of Annual Audit. Assists independent auditor during annual audit and provides information for the completion of the Form 990.
- Liaison with broker for general liability, worker’s compensation and employee health benefits
- Provides support to programming staff and leadership requested
- Liaison with grants contractor for financial application and reporting as defined by grant awards
- Track donation for year-end acknowledgement reporting
- Liaison for organization events and upcoming capital campaign
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with strong previous nonprofit accounting experience
How To Apply:
Supply letter of interest and resume to:
Louisville Visual Art, Inc.
Attn: Lindy Casebier
1538 Lytle Street
Louisville, KY 40203