Do you want to make a difference in your community and have a positive impact on families’ lives? Are you passionate about people and helping others succeed? Do you enjoy variety in your workday? If so, this is the perfect job for you!
The Guest Services Manager is a regular full-time, hourly employee (approximately 40 hours per week; typically Sunday-Thursday 1:30-10:o0pm) who reports to the Guest Services Senior Manager.
Overview: Since opening on September 10, 1984, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kentuckiana (RMHCK) has provided a “home away from home” for families of children receiving healthcare at area medical facilities. Since then, Ronald McDonald House and Ronald McDonald Family Rooms have served over 28,000 families. RMHCK provides 56 guestrooms at the Ronald McDonald House, along with meals prepared by volunteers, laundry facilities, toiletries, recreational activities and more. With an annual budget of $2.1 million, we also operate Ronald McDonald Family Rooms at three local hospitals.
We seek a highly motivated, dynamic, compassionate individual who has a passion for our mission.
Purpose: The Guest Services Manager is responsible for the smooth administration of the Ronald McDonald House during the evening hours.
Essential Functions: The Guest Services Manager is responsible for:
- Guest Services and Relations: Maintaining a compassionate and caring atmosphere; Checking families in and out of their guest rooms
- Volunteer and Community Relations: Serving as liaison with volunteers; Providing meaningful tasks and thanking volunteers appropriately
- Administrative Functions: Track daily statistics; Compile monthly survey results; Scheduling occupancy of guest rooms; ensuring compliance with House policies
- Professional Development and Demeanor: serving as a positive ambassador for RMHCK and our mission; providing a collaborative approach to problem solving; attending staff meetings and professional development training programs as required
Compensation: $14 – $15 hourly range
Benefits:At our House, we show our appreciation for our staff by offering great benefits that you probably won’t find anywhere else. We provide:
• Free meals prepared by our gracious volunteers and donors
• Free beverages and snacks, including coffee, bottled water, and Coca-Cola products
• Employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
• Retention plan: Automatic pay increases at 6, 12, and 24 months of service
• Simple IRA: up to 3% retirement match
• Generous paid time off
Salary Range: < $35,000
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; ability to easily learn a new database system
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Must be very detail-oriented and able to work accurately, with interruptions
• Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Good organizational, time management, customer service and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work with a diverse group of constituents (families, volunteers, donors, staff) while maintaining professional boundaries
• Ability to be self-directed; work well independently and as part of a team
• Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment, and discretion
• Ability to lift 10 pounds
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please respond with a resume and letter of interest either by email to Kim@rmhck.org or by mail to:
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kentuckiana
Attn: Guest Services Manager Job Search
550 S. First Street
Louisville, KY 40202