The Housing Manager is responsible for a variety of tasks associated with the management of HUD Permanent Supportive Housing grants. The Housing Manager works directly with formerly homeless individuals and families to help them obtain and maintain permanent housing. Work will occur both in an office setting and in the homes of program participants. As such, the Housing Manager will occasional be exposed to air contaminants, including tobacco smoke, and other environmental irritants.
- Supervise AmeriCorps Housing Search Specialist.
- Collect monthly rent payments.
- Mediate with property owners and landlords on behalf of program participants.
- Communicate with property managers, assure their compliance with HUD program guidelines, and assist the managers with problem resolution when needed.
- Help program participants address maintenance issues with their landlord.
- Maintain rent payment schedules to insure landlords are paid monthly.
- Assist program participants with housing related paperwork and education on how to maintain housing.
- Educate program participants on how to navigate landlord maintenance procedures.
- Develop landlord relationships, work to create new relationships, and maintain existing landlord relationships.
- When necessary, conduct housing quality standards inspections.
- When necessary, conduct rent reasonableness evaluations.
- Other duties as assigned, including work with landlords and program participants to prepare and understand occupancy agreements and leases and assist with general paperwork and administration of Permanent Supportive Housing grants.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or two years experience in social services. Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite. Ability to work with diverse groups. Written and oral communication skills. Must possess the skills to professionally interact with program participants who may not be open and receptive to instruction/intervention. Must own personal, insured vehicle. Must pass criminal background check.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their resume to: Mary Frances Schafer, 1300 S. 4th St., Ste. 250, Louisville, KY 40208 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information visit: louhomeless.org/coalition-job-