Reporting to the Director of Resource Services & NIMAC, this position is responsible for leading initiatives that directly promote knowledge sharing, data preservation, and leveraging of information assets.
Manages diverse project teams to optimize the organization’s utilization of information and expertise; facilitates the structuring of policies, procedures and tools used for Knowledge Management (KM) with employees, partners, and stakeholders.
Works collaboratively on the Resource Services/NIMAC management team in support of the Director and departmental goals.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $75,000
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, co-lead and/or participate in KM and diverse digital initiatives; manage KM teams.
- Work collaboratively to define and prioritize KM challenges and organizational needs; be responsible for the identification, implementation, and monitoring of solutions to enable the organization to work more efficiently.
- Research and implement current best practices for the organization and management of knowledge.
- Collect and organize information resources, utilizing knowledge of digitization, taxonomies, metadata, and information storage and retrieval.
- Provide strong thought leadership across internal teams, working to meet deadlines, define requirements and implement KM solutions.
- Facilitate the collaborative creation of new or refined processes, procedures, and workflows based on information gathered through KM practices; closely manage communication and expectations across various business units, functions, and teams; maintain feedback loop among stakeholders and teams.
- Help monitor and evaluate KM initiatives by establishing benchmarking and other metrics for program evaluation.
- Identify and maintain KM tools and resources; promote the use of collaborative tools to facilitate sharing of ideas and work among internal teams and external partners.
- Research and report on new and emerging KM tools.
- Identify and pursue training opportunities and professional development in the theory and practice of KM; spearhead the utilization and implementation of tools in use at APH such as SharePoint and Office 365.
- Assist in the development and design of training for a wide variety of audiences and skill levels.
- Represent APH at national conferences and professional meetings.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program; Certificate in KM or willingness to obtain from a professional organization such as SLA, KMI, etc. desirable.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ professional experience.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to generate enthusiasm; ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff establishing straightforward, productive relationships.
- Must have experience in customer service, preferably including technical support.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including SharePoint & Office 365, Adobe Acrobat, and other cloud-based technologies.
- Must be a highly motivated leader with demonstrated initiative and skills in analyzing and solving problems.
How to Apply:
Salary is in the $55,000-$65,000 range.
Access our APH Website at https://www.aph.org/careers/knowledge-manager/.