- Contribute to the planning and implementation of the strategic plan regarding activities relating to donor solicitations and other Club fundraising efforts
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of overall development goals, strategies, and activities relating to the identification, research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects and donors
- Generate fundraising income from corporate, foundation and government sources
- Work with Administrative and Club staff to identify funding (programmatic) needs
- Conduct research on corporate, foundation and government grantmakers
- Lead grants management process from initial contact to final report, collaborating with Resource Development and Operations staff.
- Manage deadlines for applications and reporting requirements in consultation with Operations leadership and Finance Manager.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Development & Communications and President & CEO to coordinate prospect cultivation, donor stewardship and overall relationship management of grantmakers.
- Monitor fundraising efforts and progress toward goals
Support efforts that increase visibility of Club programs, services, and activities and maintain good public relations with donors and prospects
Participate in special events that focus awareness on Club activities, engage community support, and generate revenue.
Promote the organization’s brand to existing and prospective donors.
Represent the organization at networking events.
Administration / Other
Participate in relevant committees and sub-committees of the Board of Directors
Perform additional duties as assigned
Salary Range: $45,000 - $55,000
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, university, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in fundraising and/or a related field
- Experience working in a Boys & Girls Club or other not-for-profit organization preferred
- Experience writing and managing grants program at a not-for-profit organization
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity
- Considerable knowledge of fundraising techniques and sources of funding for not-for-profit agencies
- Ability to function either independently or as an active team member
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with fundraising and/or donor management software (i.e.: E-Tapestry, Raisers Edge)
How to Apply: