Learning Management System Administrator, Outreach Services
The Learning Management System Administrator reports to the National Director of Outreach Services and is responsible for managing and delivering an effective learning management system, blended learning, and interactive digital learning solutions supporting a wide audience across the nation while providing the customized curricula to meet the needs of stakeholders of APH such as teachers of students with visual impairments. The Learning Management System Manager oversees the smooth functioning of APH’s Learning Management System, develops, maintains and facilitates APH’s Learning Management System, and collaborates with consumers to integrate the LMS into a variety of settings. The Learning Management System Manager serves as liaison between APH and the LMS vendor regarding technical needs/resources to create and maintain the LMS program.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides learning management system (LMS) administration and support, intranet web administration and support, and technical training for APH staff.
- Serves as the primary system administrator for APH’s learning management system (LMS) and integrated tools, oversees the installation of all system updates, upgrades, integrated tools, and other software integrated with the LMS.
- Creates educational learning curriculum utilizing a variety of tools that simplify the learning process and meets ever changing need.
- Consults with APH consultants to develop curriculum and deliver courses with educational content necessary to effectively provide professional development. Lead revisions of our curriculum as required both for live classes along with LMS online classes.
- Manage users and courses in the LMS. Preserve objective evidence and training documentation for all users.
- Works with an internal team to set strategic direction for the Learning Management Team. Develops and delivers monthly reports that are concise, intuitive, and actionable for organizational users and managers.
- Provides immediate response to problems and emergency situations affecting normal operations.
- Works closely with appropriate external vendors to ensure efficient functionality of resources. Maintains procedures and policies to ensure the security and integrity of systems/networks.
- Provides triage and troubleshooting for learning management system issues and tickets, escalating issues to the appropriate groups as needed.
- Assists with end user functional support of learning management systems and other technical resources. Work with and assist consumers who experience difficulty with online classes within our LMS.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field required. Strong preference given to candidate with education in the field of blindness and visual impairment.
- At least 2 years of experience using learning management systems.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in eLearning development applications (e.g. Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia).
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word). Has excellent attention to detail with solid written and oral communication skills.
- Verifiable experience as a presenter at workshops, conferences, and seminars.
- Strong interpersonal skills for working with APH staff of all levels, APH customers, subject matter experts, and professionals in the field of blindness.
- Ability to work independently from a remote location with minimal daily supervision. Self-disciplined and organized to manage multiple projects.
- This position requires periodic travel to APH, consultant locations across the United States, and to regional and national conferences.
How to Apply:
Please apply here.