Under the general supervision of the Vice President of Development, the Major Gifts Officer will secure revenue to meet critical fundraising targets from existing donors and prospects and build new relationships that will lead to major gift commitments. The person in this position will also help to develop a robust fundraising environment that generates annual operating revenue and endowment funds including, but not limited to Major Gifts; Planned Giving; Grants, Sponsorships; and Business Partnerships.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for annual fundraising goal of approximately $250,000 accomplished through soliciting approximately 120-150 prospects
- Builds and manages a portfolio of individual major donors, corporate, and foundation donors in the $5,000-$50,000 range
- Ensures donor portfolio receives timely and accurate proposals, narrative and financial reports, invitations to APH events, and other cultivation and stewardship communications from APH
- Organizes and participates in major donor cultivation events
- Responsible for prospect research and for monitoring and identifying new areas of opportunity for major gifts
- Promotes and ensures the coordination of lead generation and corresponding research to increase donor engagement
- Make decisions on cultivation time vs. expected gift response, determine who needs to be involved in the relationship (be it an executive, volunteer or staff member) with the donor, and decide the most effective and productive use of time
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A proven track record of frontline fundraising experience with major gift, corporate, and foundation donors
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on a team and to build and maintain positive relationships with all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional listening skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills, including competency with standard business applications and database systems; knowledge of Donor Perfect a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel (up to 30%)
- Strong commitment to the mission and goals of APH
- Established track record of identifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing, and maintaining major gifts
- Self-Starter. High energy personality with ability to identify and develop new donors
- Able to build strong professional relationships with donors and their advisors
- Salary is in the low $50k range
- Salary Negotiable based on education and experience.
How To Apply:
APH IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.