Purpose of Job: To manage the operations of the Intake and Limited Services Unit, ensuring applicants receive prompt and courteous responses to requests for assistance, applicants are screened in accordance with Legal Aid Society (LAS) policies, and eligible clients are provided limited service in accordance with LAS policy or are referred to other departments for service. In addition to the supervision of department staff, the Managing Attorney of Intake and Limited Services will devote approximately seventy percent (70 percent) of time to providing limited services to clients.
- Must be dedicated to the mission of pursuing justice for people in poverty.
- Must have demonstrable commitment to understanding and addressing issues of low-income constituents.
- Must have J.D. and be admitted to practice in Kentucky and in good standing or must be eligible for admission to the Kentucky Bar under Kentucky Supreme Court Rule 2.112 if admitted to practice in another state.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in practice of law.
- Must have skills to use office technologies, including case management software.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to train, supervise, and motivate staff.
- Must be able to balance administrative, supervisory, and client advocacy responsibilities.
- Must have effective oral and written communications skills.
- Must have the ability to manage workload in a systematic manner, multi-task, and manage tight deadlines.
- Must have diligent attention to detail.
- Must be a proactive thinker – identifying problems, defining central issues, evaluating options, and proposing solutions.
- Must be knowledgeable of and adhere to all applicable ethical standards, including the Code of Professional Conduct and all policies promulgated by Legal Aid.
- Must effectively work with colleagues, contribute to a harmonious work atmosphere, and assist other employees as needed.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle, hold a valid driver’s license, and be able to be insured under the Legal Aid Society auto insurance policy
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Meagen Peden Agnew at the Legal Aid Society (416 W. Muhammad Ali Blvd., Suite 300, Louisville, KY 40202) or to email@example.com