Title: Marketing and Development Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Overview: The MAD Coordinator works with the Executive Director and Ministry Operations Manager to execute the fundraising and communication goals of the organization. The MAD Coordinator will communicate Barren Heights’ impact to a wide variety of audiences via written word / video (website, social media, brochure, newsletter) as well as being efficient in managing the fundraising database, mailings, and special events.
- Accept, promote and support the mission, service standards, goals and objectives of Barren Heights.
- Agree and accept 100% of beliefs in statement of faith.
- Possess professional expertise and influence needed by Barren Heights.
- Be able and willing to serve effectively as a public representative of the organization and involve others in the work of Barren Heights.
- Administrative Management (30%)
- Communications Management (50%)
- Events Management (20%)
- Manage and maintain donor database to include donor information, donations, and donor acknowledgements.
- Utilize Salesforce database to pull reports, mailing lists and donor records.
- Assist in fundraising efforts such as individual asks, spring mail campaign and grants.
- Manage in-kind donations including tracking, gift acceptance and acknowledgments.
- Ensure branded business materials are available to staff and board members.
- Schedule and communicate the Barren Heights brand and initiatives efficiently and accurately via multiple channels.
- Work in partnership with web manager to ensure appropriate website functionality and content.
- Design and publish basic marketing pieces such as annual report, and program brochures.
- Work with graphic designer on more sophisticated communications pieces including but not limited to special campaigns and annual gala.
- Provide training to all staff and specific volunteers to ensure consistence and effective brand communication via social media, video production, print materials, and verbal communications.
- Coordinate communication efforts for special events via newspaper and radio ads as well as online opportunities.
- Create, format, and distribute quarterly newsletter.
- Research and learn new methods for sharing Barren Heights brand in an ever-evolving communications environment.
- Provide administrative support for special events including data management, mailings, marketing and other communication initiatives.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to improve Barren Heights fundraising auction as well as develop new events to support our revenue budget requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience in Marketing and Development
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Database management experience (Salesforce preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail while managing multiple tasks
- Ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods and approaches
- Excellent ‘people person’ with the ability to build relationships among staff, clients, volunteers and donors
- Graphic design, video or web experience is a plus
- Evidence of commitment to missions of the nonprofit sector
This is a part-time non-exempt position. 30 hours per week.
The application deadline is July 6th. Resume and Cover Letter can be submitted to Toni Rose, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.