The Marketing and Development Coordinator is responsible for providing excellent and energetic marketing and fundraising support for the Marketing and Development (M&D) Department. This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position. The person in this position will report to the Director of Development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in M&D team strategy meetings and track follow-up items for team members.
- Accurately process donations from supporters in the Raiser’s Edge (RE) database. Produce and mail gift acknowledgment letters.
- Create event/fundraising campaign webpages and donation pages in Team Raiser and other platforms.
- Maintain foundation, corporation, and individual donor files in the RE database and in hard copy files as needed.
- Assist with creation of fundraising campaigns, including direct mail and special appeals. Coordinate production and mailing of appeal letters, donor/patient communications, marketing collateral, etc., with print/mail vendor.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective donors.
- Prepare confidential development-specific materials needed for donor meetings.
- Assist with RE documentation and training to board members and staff as needed.
- Coordinate grant proposal submittal and tracking as well as grant award management and reporting.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Act as liaison with the bookkeeper to conduct monthly RE and QuickBooks reconciliation.
- Provide general administrative support for meetings and events. Anticipate, plan and respond to requests for support including, but not limited to: responding to written and telephone inquiries and invitations, drafting correspondence, scheduling meetings, preparing meeting agendas and minutes, maintaining files, and performing general clerical tasks.
- Assist with social media accounts and manage various email accounts, directing emails to the appropriate team member as needed.
- Process invoices related to departmental expenses including but not limited ensuring appropriate insurance coverage is obtained for special events, tracking vendor invoices to ensure timely payments, verifying invoice amount is within budget and in compliance with contract or agreement.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in position to develop the skills needed for this position.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, social media platforms, and donor/customer relationship management software.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to accurately manage priorities and workflow within set timeframes.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field.
- Experience in marketing, sales, or nonprofit fundraising.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge fundraising software, Adobe Creative Suite and/or WordPress.
- Team-player with strong dedication to the purpose and mission of Kids Center.
- Empathetic listener with corresponding excellence in verbal and written communications.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Personal value system that encompasses a solid work ethic, personal integrity, conscientiousness and strong moral character.
- Quick-learner, self-starter, and self-motivated.
- Positive, enthusiastic, and professional image in representing Kids Center, both internally and externally.
- Results-oriented with a strong customer service focus.
- Discretion with confidential information.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Work occasional nights and/or weekends.
- Interact with colleagues and members of the public on the phone and/or in person.
About Kids Center for Pediatric Therapies:
As a non-profit organization, the mission of Kids Center for Pediatric Therapies is two-fold. First is to involve, in a meaningful way, children with cerebral palsy and other developmental needs and members of their families in the mainstream of society, thus ensuring their abilities to assume rights as equal citizens. Second is to ensure their ability to receive services as needed to minimize the effects of their disability.
For nearly 60 years, Kids Center has served children with special needs and their families, providing world-class care close to home. Each week, 600-700 children with developmental disabilities and delays receive physical, occupational, and speech-language therapy services from highly trained and experienced professionals at Kids Center. Currently there are more than 1,200 children and teens—from birth to age 21—in active care at Kids Center.
We have two campus locations in Louisville, KY. Central Campus is located at 982 Eastern Parkway and East Campus is located at 9810 Bluegrass Parkway.
Send cover letter and resume to Liz Magee, Director of Development, via email by January 12, 2018 to:
No phone calls please.
Posted December 2017