South Louisville Community Ministries (SLCM) provides emergency assistance and compassionate advocacy to our neighbors in crisis. We believe neighborhoods should be communities – actively fostering relationships and support networks. We believe that, when our neighbors are in a time of crisis, we should respond with compassion and assistance to prevent hopelessness, homelessness, hunger, and unsafe conditions.
SLCM is seeking an enthusiastic, compassionate individual to join our dynamic, supportive team. This person will coordinate the Meals on Wheels program providing meals to homebound seniors in the South Louisville area as well as our efforts to engage our community. This includes client case management, volunteer coordination, and support community events.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct initial home visits and re-assessments for individuals who request/receive Meals On Wheels to determine eligibility and information and referral needs
- Maintain required participant records as needed by KIPDA and Nutrition Program
- Regularly update client information on the ServTracker program
- Work with our partners to ensure the daily distribution of meals
- Deliver meals in the absence of volunteers
- Maintain the Senior Commodity Program in coordination with Dare to Care
- Provide case management for our special programs, including The Rosewater Bookstore training
- Recruit, train, and work with program managers to coordinate agency volunteers for all programs
- Implement creative initiatives to promote community engagement
- Work with Assistant and Executive Directors to organize community events
This is a $13/hr full-time, 40-hour per week position. Benefits include health care, dental/vision, paid vacation/sick leave, and professional development opportunities.
Salary Range: < $35,000
- A BA/BS in the area of social work (or related field) (REQUIRED)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Competency using client tracking software and online platforms such as Canva and GSuite,
- Strong organizational skills as well as detail oriented with a love for problem solving,
- The ability to perform high-quality client assessments and accurately maintain program and client records,
- And a commitment to our core values, creativity, and the desire to be a champion of those living in chronic poverty.
- Regular transportation
- The ability to lift 40lbs
How to Apply:
Send your resume and cover letter by midnight on August 16, 2020, to the attention of Kate Husk, Assistant Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.