Position Title: Membership Relations and Sales Manager
Last Modification Date: August 30, 2017
Budget Category: 50% Business Resources/50% General Administration
Accountable To: Chief Revenue Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
RESULTS STATEMENT: I am accountable for producing the following results:
Overseeing all revenue activities related to bringing in new members, upgrading existing clients,
retention of existing members and maintaining a high level of member engagement. This person
is also the staff liaison for various One Southern Indiana (1si) groups and committees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maximizing sales opportunities and proactively working to minimize “one-and-done”
memberships (members/clients who join for one year and do not renew).
- Attending most member events as well as other events where prospective new
members/clients may be found. This includes both 1si events as well as non-1si events.
- Keeping weekly, accurate records of prospecting activities (goals, calls made, appointments
made, closings, turn-downs, etc.) through Outlook, and 1si’s CRM data management tool
- Reporting membership successes, goals and concerns, on a monthly basis, to Chief
Revenue Director, Controller and President. Reports are due as scheduled.
- Manage communications with members on accounts receivable matters as they pertain to
- Ensuring the pipeline of prospective new members/clients exists and is maintained, along
with setting appointments from this pipeline.
- Working to exceed budgeted goals in new member/client sales annually (this includes new
members and potential membership campaign[s] as budgeted each year).
- Maintaining availability for sales opportunities as convenient for prospects—including early
morning and evening hours.
- Reporting regularly to the President, Controller, Chief Revenue Director, and staff on sales
work, including recommendation of any tools or resources to increase sales.
- Fostering current membership relationships and maximizing member benefits for
- Assisting Regional Advantage members with personalized one-on-one service.
- Actively promote 1si member services such as sponsorships, Affinity programs, advertising
opportunities, and investment opportunities.
- Hosting Membership and Leads Groups events including, but not limited to, luncheons,
breakfasts roundtables, and new member orientations.
- Host networking, ribbon cuttings, ground breakings, grand openings and signature events.
- Acting as a prime representative of 1si, dressing and behaving in a professional manner at all
- Performing administrative services as needed to support the position and the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Sales experience in new business acquisition and customer development is a must.
- Aggressive but personable.
- Professional appearance.
- Working knowledge of computers including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Appropriate and proficient phone and social media skills.
- Typing and organizational skills.
- Some college preferred or related experience.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Ability to maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and
responsibilities which may include: sitting, standing, or walking for extended periods of time;
operating office equipment; and lifting up to 25 pounds.
How To Apply:
Applicants can send their resume and cover letter to Gail Prather at email@example.com.