The Office Administrator plays a vital role on a small team in the areas of general operations, office management, bookkeeping, and financial reporting. Working with the Executive Director (ED), the Office Administrator will manage office administration, provide financial support, and assist with special events.
The job is a part-time position (10 to 20 hours per week) that may require some work during evenings or weekends during outreach events. The role includes paid holidays; flexible hours; Simple IRA retirement account with matching contribution; and professional development support.
General Administrative Support: field phone calls, greet visitors, mail management, filing, maintain office calendar, order supplies, maintain copiers and IT equipment, and organize office space and storage.
Finance Support: working with contract accountant, use QuickBooks and spreadsheets to track deposits and other financial information, prepare and send reports to Executive Director and Board, record donations in Salesforce database, complete donor acknowledgements, maintain financial records, coordinate insurance renewals and annual quotes.
Special Events/Board meeting Support: help plan and provide support for special events, coordinate Board meeting information preparation and coordination for meeting space, run errands as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: Hourly
• Experience in office administration, non-profit experience a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including willingness and ability to work effectively as part of a team and with diverse groups.
• Flexible and a self-starter; able to multitask while also being highly detail oriented.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the mission of Kentucky Waterways Alliance.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Mail, Calendar, Contacts systems.
• Experience with the contact management and fundraising database Salesforce or similar systems
• Experience with QuickBooks desktop version a plus.
• Valid driver’s license required.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter (or email) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone calls please.