JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
The Office Manager oversees diverse administrative duties for the Chapter including database management, office recordkeeping and coordination of volunteers. As such, it is essential for the Office Manager to have a solid understanding of JDRF’s mission and Chapter activities, operations, policies, and procedures.
This position is part-time and is estimated to work 28 hours per week.
Salary Range: Hourly
- 5+ years of experience (5 + years of administrative, secretarial and/or business experience) required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in word processing software and hardware including Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint). Familiarity with PledgeMaker a plus.
- Proficiency in accounting. Ability to handle accounts receivable and review accounting reports.
- Ability to learn new computer software programs.
- Practice in creating presentations, reports, and business correspondence.
- Effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills. Capable of handling diversified assignments and work independently.
- Team player that has the ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers. Must develop, maintain, and utilize relationships.
- Excellent written, oral, and communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills, active listening, observation, analytical, and problem recognition and solving skills.
- Ability to work and make judgments independently and take initiative. Self-starter that requires little supervision.
- High capacity to assess the value, importance, and/or quality of activities and people.
- Ability to travel locally required. Occasional overnight travel as needed.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
- Associate’s degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
How to Apply:
If you’d like to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to JDRF by clicking the job URL: http://smrtr.io/37c3R
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer