The Patient Access position is responsible for scheduling and registration of patients in the Electronic Billing and Health Records system for an adult cardiology practice. This is a part-time position and requires about 24 hours per week. This position interacts with patients, visitors, providers, and other co-workers. The Patient Access position collects and obtains all personal, medical, and financial information necessary for the clinical office visit and billing properly for services rendered. Obtains accurate insurance information and signatures when applicable and explains hardship and payment options available.
- Receives and interviews patients in a courteous, empathetic, and professional manner.
- Registers and schedules patients from referring offices
- Faxes and mails confirmations and records to referring offices and patients
- Faxes records to EHR system
- Obtains and enters complete and accurate patient demographic, guarantor, and insurance information.
- Assures completion of forms for signatures, authorization and consents.
- Reviews patient insurance information and assigns appropriate insurance plan information to ensure proper billing.
- Ensures that the referring and primary care physicians are documented in the EHR system correctly when registering patients.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information and maintains awareness of individual patient needs and wait times for registration.
- Maintains an efficient and effective patient flow.
- Complies with local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assignedMaintains a clean and orderly work area.
Salary Range: < $35,000
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- PC literacy, must be able to type 30 wpm with a 95% accuracy
- Excellent communication skills required
- At least one year of registration experience preferred
- Must be dependable, professional and a team player
- Critical thinking skills
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible with job demands
- Energetic, motivated individual that connects well with people
How to Apply:
Email resume to: