ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY:
Kids Cancer Alliance, Inc. is seeking a part-time Program Assistant to support the organization’s programming goals. The position will include a variety of duties and responsibilities related to the efficient administrative operations of the program department. The ideal candidate is a collaborative team member who is detail oriented with exceptional organizational and communication skills.
The primary focus of the position will be to provide administrative support to the program staff and volunteers in order to ensure our programs and services are of the highest quality. This position will handle administrative tasks to support summer camps and retreats, in-hospital programs, financial assistance programs, and more.
The ideal candidate demonstrates:
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Time management skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience using a computer and appropriate software.
- Professionalism and the ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Must pass criminal background check.
The Program Assistant is responsible for day-to-day administrative tasks associated with the program activities of Kids Cancer Alliance. The candidate will assist with daily organization, communication, and database management for all programs. This position will work directly with the Program Director and Coordinator to ensure exceptional program quality.
Salary Range: < $35,000
- Maintain program participant records and database info.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Update and maintain volunteer applications and information.
- Complete volunteer background checks.
- Order program supplies.
- Produce and distribute correspondence, memos, letters, and meeting agendas.
- Prepare documents and generate reports.
- Maintain financial documents related to programs; assist with accounts receivable/payable.
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient.
- Handle administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, scanning, etc.
- Distribute, collect, and summarize program evaluations.
- Support Kids Cancer Alliance programs, events, and fundraising efforts as needed.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned.
- The work schedule for this position is typically during business hours but may include occasional evening and weekend hours.
The hourly pay range for this position is based upon experience.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should email cover letter, resume, and a minimum of two professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Program Assistant Position” in the subject line.
DEADLINE to apply is February 28, 2020.
Beginning with our first oncology camp in 1981, thousands of brave and amazing kids have found a reprieve from fighting cancer and a powerful alliance of support at Kids Cancer Alliance.
Over the years, we've expanded and created new programs to meet the needs of the families we serve. We provide sibling and family programs, in-hospital and financial support, quarterly events and more. And, thanks to our donors and volunteers, it's all still absolutely free for everyone.
All of our programs are designed to achieve our mission of enhancing the quality of life for children with cancer and their families. Kids Cancer Alliance, Inc. is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Kids Cancer Alliance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer