Schedule: Saturdays & Sundays, 8A-12P & 4P-8P
The role of the Program Coordinator is important to RMHCK because we are on our way to significantly increasing our capacity to serve more families in need. It is critically important to have a key employee in place who can be a positive liaison for our volunteer groups and coordinate activities to further our mission and to ensure compliance of RMHCK policies and food service regulations in our commercial kitchen.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining overall organization of kitchen, equipment, and food supplies
- Providing orientation and training to volunteer groups
- Communicating and enforcing Health Department requirements for food safety in the commercial kitchen
- Providing proper communication and follow up for volunteer groups including data entry into database
A Day in the Life of A Program Coordinator
- Become Food Safety Certified and/or maintain Food Safety Certification. Ensure commercial kitchen follows all Food Service regulations.
- Maintains overall organization of kitchen equipment and monitors their safety and condition.
- Maintain pantry, informing groups of excess ingredients and informing Director of Programs and Facilities of items that are running low. Ensure quality food items are available and dispose of expired food items as deemed necessary.
- Provide kitchen orientation and trainings for volunteers. Provides tours as requested. Enforces food service regulations with meal groups.
- Schedule and communicate with upcoming meal and activity groups, before their service by sending information, guidelines and confirmations.
- Have a working knowledge of House volunteer guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date scheduling calendars for our website and communicate access to the public and staff through multiple channels and avenues.
- Maintain up-to-date meals and menu calendars for internal use, including relevant notes pertaining to volunteer groups.
- Manage appropriate follow-up with all meal groups, including receipts, thank you notes, pictures and surveys.
- Maintain up-to-date data entry in donor database.
About Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kentuckiana
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kentuckiana (RMHCK) believes that families who have to travel to Louisville with their sick children should have a safe and secure place nearby where they can go receive comfort, kindness and rest without being overburdened by expense. This is your opportunity to make our guests’ day better than the one before by providing the best environment and customer service experience available. We want you to take charge, use your skills and find new ways to keep guests smiling and comfortable during their stay with us.
Since 1984, we have been providing premium services to our guests by offering:
- A 24/7 facility with 36 Guestrooms (expanding to 56 rooms in 2019!)
- Free parking for guests and employees
- Keyless security system throughout
- Free meals prepared in the main dining room by volunteer groups 1 – 2 times per day
- Kitchens on every floor with cabinets stocked with food donated by the community
- Free laundry facilities
- Free toiletries and other household items
- Books, movies, games, play equipment and activities
- Respite rooms/areas in three area hospitals
To provide the home and support that allows families to stay together while they focus on the healing of their sick children at a critical time.
We Put Families First – All things begin with our families so we are committed to treating our guests better than they expect by being courteous and kind. We are all ambassadors and smile a lot.
We Give Our Best – We value positive and professional attitudes. We believe personal energy and drive help overcome organizational challenges and take advantage of improvement opportunities in resourceful and accountable ways.
Collaborate – We support one another in the delivery of our mission. Team is important and we are committed to helping each other provide the best for our guests. Communication is highly valued.
We Celebrate – We cheer each other on and encourage the success of others. We focus on appreciating and recognizing wins.
Values & Trust – Keeps the mission and priorities of RMHCK first and foremost when making decisions that impact our service to families. Acts with honesty and integrity in all matters. Treats others fairly. Represents RMHCK well in all deeds and actions.
Compassion – Acts in a caring and inclusive way towards all guests, volunteers and co-workers, regardless of relationships to them and without regard to any individual differences.
Adaptability – Is open to and embraces change and new ideas. Demonstrates flexibility in doing things differently. Is able to adapt quickly without reservation. Is supportive and consistently reliable to execute changes in methodology or process.
Learning on the fly – Learns quickly when facing new projects. Is eager, curious and asks questions. Takes notice of the environment and how it can be improved. Is willing to try new things.
Problem Solving – Can find effective solutions to problems; demonstrates ownership, is proactive and resourceful. A creative thinker who can carefully analyze a situation and has the determination to resolve issues effectively.
Self-Development – Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve themselves by learning from other staff members and other continued educational resources.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.00 hour
Salary Range: Hourly
- Food Safety Certification - Food service management experience preferred **Employer will provide certification if needed.
- Professional, dependable, and timely
- Ability to work well with others
- Solid organizational skills with consistent and reliable follow up
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft business applications (Outlook, shared calendars, Word) and database managemen
How to Apply:
Send Resume to:
Jana Goemmer, Director of Programs and Facilities