The Leadership Louisville Center is the region’s leadership development hub offering programs and events designed to educate participants about community issues, strengthen leadership skills and connect participants with opportunities for civic involvement. Leadership Louisville Center’s programs, events and initiatives provide tangible benefits to individual participants, sponsoring organizations and the community at large.
The program coordinator is a full-time, non-exempt position and is a contributing member of the program team with responsibility for supporting LLC programs, events and other activities. This position is responsible for logistics and production support for civic programs along with various marketing and member events. Events range from day-long training-style meetings and conferences along with special events and seminars of various lengths ranging from 10 to 1000 participants. This position reports to the director of programs.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage logistics and production for LLC activities, ensuring exceptional service and high-quality programs, workshops and events. This includes coordination of venue/room reservations, food and beverage, a/v, materials & supplies, reconciliation of invoices, etc. The primary events being supported in this role are the civic programs (Leadership Louisville, Focus Louisville, Encore Louisville, Ignite Louisville, and Bingham Fellows).
- The program coordinator maintains quality control for an overall excellent program participant experience. Specific roles in activities are:
- First to arrive and last to depart on program days, providing initial set-up for the event and remaining onsite to manage details, tear-down and clean-up when the event concludes.
- Compile and produce program/event materials (e.g., nametags, agendas, certificates, speaker bios and other handouts).
- Manage resources against budget, using prudence and good judgement, taking initiative in making recommendations and anticipating next steps for successful execution.
- Identify and solve problems within scope of responsibility. Takes ownership of tasks until they are successfully completed.
- Research venues, caterers, amenities and activities and stay up-to-date on current events in Louisville and surrounding communities. * The program coordinator contributes to the facility experience at LLC, maintaining a welcoming and hospitable experience for guests, including support of reception desk and event set-up and clean-up for events hosted within our facility.
- Flexibility to assist with new and ongoing projects that may arise.
Salary Range: Hourly
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- At least 1 year of professional experience in program/event planning and execution or administration.
- Punctual and dependable, detail-oriented with superior organizational ability.
- Positive attitude and enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to be proactive, juggle multiple tasks, identify priorities and anticipate next steps needed. Can be productive both individually and in a cooperative team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and interpersonal, and demonstrated ability in building and maintaining professional relationships with partners, business and community leaders, venue and catering staff.
- A strong interest in community issues and familiarity with Louisville’s business and civic leadership is also desired.
- Professional demeanor and dress.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Must be able to understand and apply existing and emerging communications technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have own transportation and be able to handle light lifting.
Due to the nature of the work and timing of programs and events, the program coordinator must be able to work some early mornings, nights and weekends. This position will work 6-7 overnight events per year.
How to Apply:
Follow this link to our posting on Indeed.com and complete the online application: