POSITION TITLE: Full-Time Program Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director
Doors to Hope is a Ministry of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth.
The goal of Doors to Hope is to break the cycle of poverty and violence through education, providing educational opportunities to the people of the south central area of Louisville.
Doors to Hope opens learning opportunities encourage community involvement and engages in advocacy for women and immigrant families.
Doors to Hope is a 501c3 tax –exempt organization.
POSITION SUMMARY: Coordinates volunteers, students and oversees activities of all educational programs and life skill programs. Works closely with the Director, in planning, developing and implementing creative and innovative learning opportunities to meet the needs of Hispanic immigrant families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, implements and promotes educational programs that respond to the needs of immigrant families including ESL, tutoring and other educational life skill programs.
- Recruits, screens and supervises volunteers
- Provides orientation and educational support for volunteers
- Observes volunteer tutors and provides necessary assistance
- Plans gatherings of volunteers for feedback and to offer appreciation
- Oversees daily operations and coordinates activities of all programs
- Meets with new students and assesses their ability
- Assigns students to tutors
- Maintains a network of resources and provides this information to immigrant families
- Works with the Director to purchase materials needed for program activities
- Update Database: Update the database with any new students or volunteers and add any forms/papers in proper binders/folders.
- Provide the Director with the information about the program outcomes for grant preparation.
- Assist the Director with identifying and researching funding opportunities and support with fundraising events.
- Update Social Media and Website: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Production of Newsletters and flyers for the programs in English and Spanish.
- Maintains a professional appearance and manner
- Completion of any other duties deemed necessary by the Director
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related fields or higher preferred.
- Fluent in Spanish and English. Reading and writing fluency required.
- Intercultural sensitivity and experience working with diverse cultures
- Minimum two years’ experience in teaching preferred.
- Experience in teaching ESL preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word.
- Administrative skills
- Well organized, self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and successfully handle competing deadlines and priorities
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Strong commitment to the mission of Doors to Hope
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to maintain positive relationships
- Compassionate and caring
Please submit a cover letter and resume so soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org.