Title: Program Coordinator
Job Category: Staff, Full-Time
Salary Type: Hourly, $12.50/hr ($26,000 annual)
Brief Description: Adelante’s Program Coordinator, works with Latinx students and their families. The Program Coordinator supports the Program Manager to develop, lead, and evaluate programs. In addition to working with the Latinx students and their parents, you will also work closely with and supervise volunteers, tutors, and mentors.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for being the primary person building strong relationships with Adelante students and with Adelante’s parents from their program sites.
The program coordinator reports to Adelante’s Program Manager and works as part of the three-person programmatic team to ensure that every student who participates in our programs has a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment among the Adelante family where they can learn, grow, and be themselves.
- Leads Mentoring & Enrichment program site
- Communicates on a regular basis with Adelante families – specifically concerning their participation in the program.
- Creates, plans, and executes agendas for supplemental programs (Tutoring, Adelante Clubs, Ambassadors & Jr. Ambassadors, Summer programs).
- Assist in planning calendars and engaging presenters.
- Assist in new student/parent intake and interviews.
- Build & maintain relationships with students and families across programs
- Assist in student data collection and reporting
- Responsible for the planning and organization of Adelante’s clubs
- Suggest changes to program offerings in response to student and parent needs and program evaluations
- Represent Adelante in the community through tabling, community discussions, public events related to mission, etc.
- Contribute to some online content for Adelante’s social media accounts that mostly focuses on information from the M&E program
- Share responsibility for training volunteers
- Responsible for volunteer management, tracking, and reporting General
- Attend monthly BLOCS and Youth Methods training
- Attend All Staff and Program Staff meetings
- Other tasks as assigned by Adelante’s Executive Director and Program Manager
Salary Range: < $35,000
We are seeking an energetic, creative person with excellent follow-through who works equally well independently and as part of a team; someone who has a passion for working with youth. Must prioritize interpersonal relationships and have strong communication skills.
English/Spanish bilingual with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Organized and self-motivated
Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including Saturdays and occasional evenings.
Personal and professional integrity
Commitment to Adelante’s mission and purpose
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a letter of interest to Adelante's Program Manager, Luisa Trujillo, at email@example.com.