The Program Manager reports to and works in partnership with the Executive Director, and is responsible for providing direct career/job support services in the form of workshops and one-on-one assistance to clients, in some cases independently and in some cases in collaboration with volunteers, consultants and partners.
This position is an opportunity to work directly with women in our community to help each client reach her full potential, both professionally and personally. Position is part-time 20-25 hours per week.
Program Development & Delivery
- Analyze training needs to develop new client programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Plan and oversee all DFSL programs: Suits to Success, Career Center, career readiness programs (including but not limited to Track for Success), Financial Empowerment, Computer Literacy, and Professional Women’s Group.
- Plan calendar of all programs, sales, etc., in collaboration with DFSL staff throughout year.
- In Career Center: serve as career coach; or match clients with mentors that assist in researching career paths and finding job openings, identify specific skills required for employment and help clients obtain these skills, as well as assist clients in job application and interview preparation processes.
- Facilitate and plan career readiness programs (including but not limited to Track for Success): recruitment and training of speakers, securing facilities, organization of session materials and logistics, creating assessment instruments and recruitment, coordination of volunteers.
- Recruit volunteers, plan and oversee two sessions of Financial Empowerment yearly, including childcare and meals.
- Recruit volunteers, plan and oversee three sessions of Computer Literacy yearly, including materials.
- Work with PWG coordinator to ensure that monthly PWG meetings have all resources needed, including speakers, meals, facility, supplies and childcare.
- Attend events representing DFSL to spread awareness about our mission, increase volunteers and clients.
- Attend quarterly PWG conference calls, monthly Next Job Training calls.
- Maintain databases of partner agencies, hiring agencies, job placement agencies, program volunteers and speakers.
- Communicate with partner agencies on a regular basis; continually reevaluate and form new relationships to improve career readiness services to DFSL clients.
- Continually conduct outreach to potential partner agencies and community organizations.
- Follow up with potential DFSL volunteers, assess their workforce development skills and enter into databases.
Fund Development and Fiscal Management
- Assist with securing corporate, government and foundation funding for annual operating expenses, project support and special events sponsorship.
- Assist executive director with preparation and reporting of grants.
- Participate in planning for and executing annual Gala.
- Collaborate with staff on reports to Dress for Success Worldwide.
- Assess needs and order inventory from grant funds.
- Act as DFSL representation for workforce development and income inequality issues.
- Partner with Executive Director on corporate and community relationships (especially those tied to program) and activities such as cultivation events.
- Prepare, monitor, and control budgets for allocated program funds in a responsible manner.
- Convene and/or participate in regular meetings with core partners (including Transition Partners, Louisville Urban League and others) to complete the menu of services and shared work plan to achieve full programming at Dress for Success Louisville.
- Track clients’ program participation in Etapestry and Excel databases; input data from website to Constant Contact.
- Recruit program participants and follow-up with the women during and after the program to help promote engagement and achieve desired results.
- Collect information on job openings, post on job boards and connect clients with appropriate employment opportunities.
- Identify and implement a strategy for program participants and provide regular reports to DFSL Executive Director.
- Monitor/develop program outcomes and regularly measure the progress of clients and programs.
- Coordinate and execute initiatives to gauge community involvement and input in programs.
- Work with Executive Director to strengthen program outcomes.
- Coordinate donation drives.
- Oversee volunteer activities such as sorting and organizing of inventory.
- Suit clients, oversee personal shoppers, answer phones, take messages, schedule donations as needed; input data from DFSL website into Constant Contact.
- Work on quarterly DFSL clearance sales.
- Assist with other duties as assigned including social media, special events (Feel Good Saturdays, 3rd Party,etc…)
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in business or related field experience.
- Workforce development, retail, non-profit and volunteer management experience all highly desirable.
- Strong experience using critical thinking, organization and time—management skills.
- Highly professional and polished image.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Understanding and familiarity with grants is a plus.
- Experience and capacity to manage a database and produce reports.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with Constant Contact and E-Tapestry is preferred.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic representative and advocate for Dress for Success Louisville.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, occasional weekends and evenings.
- High level of passion and commitment to Dress for Success mission.
How To Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 12/22/17.