REPORTS TO: Vice President, Development & Stewardship
DEPARTMENT: Development & Stewardship
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
Nature of Work:
The Scholarship Coordinator is responsible for managing and administering the Foundation’s portfolio of scholarship funds. The Scholarship Coordinator continuously evaluates the Foundation’s scholarship program identifying opportunities for growth and excellence, while improving the donor and recipient experience. The Scholarship Coordinator will work as part of the Development and Stewardship Team to build relationships with donors, recipients and educational institutions.
Essential Job Duties:
- Implement and promote the Foundation’s annual scholarship application process.
- Recruit and train scholarship selection committees
- Facilitate and oversee the scholarship selection committees’ responsibilities, assuring regulatory compliance, eligibility requirements and policy
- Serve as primary point of contact for all communications with students, parents, counselors and college representatives
- Maintain the Foundation’s scholarship software
- Establish new scholarship funds
- Research potential partnerships with schools
- Work with the Foundation’s grant associates to insure the accuracy and timeliness of scholarship grant distributions.
- Stay current with trends, best practices, and other regulations related to scholarship grantmaking
- Create awareness of the scholarship program with potential donors, prospective recipients and the broader community
- Evaluate the scholarship program on an annual basis
- Other projects as assigned to improve the Foundation’s donor and grant recipient experience
Knowledge, Skills and Talent:
- Effective oral and written communication skills to interact with a broad spectrum of constituencies including donors, community leaders, nonprofit/education representatives, Foundation board members, staff members, volunteers and scholarship recipients.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Proficient computer skills, particularly word processing, spreadsheets, and database management.
- Ability to complete multiple assignments within provided time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter who works well independently, but who also thrives in a team environment, sharing ideas and working collaboratively.
Qualifications and Experience:
College degree required. 2-3 years professional experience desired, as well as experience with program development and management. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate complex information in a clear manner to a variety of audiences.
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong customer service with demonstrated ability to build and steward relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent analytical, administrative, computer and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience with web-based software used to manage program applications.
This position may require the ability to lift objects of at least 20 pounds in weight. Job duties require approximately 75% sitting/typing and 25% standing/walking. Physical requirements will vary depending upon the specific duties to be accomplished. Also, he or she must be able to operate and have access to a vehicle for work-related travel. In addition, it is a requirement of this position that the successful candidate be able to maintain a physical presence in the Louisville headquarters offices regularly and consistently and for the full regular work week. Attendance may be required at special events during normal working hours or outside the normal work week.
The position is a full-time, exempt staff assignment and will be eligible to participate in the Foundation’s Employee Health and Benefits Plan as set forth in the Foundation’s personnel policies. Compensation will be commensurate with skill level and experience.
The Community Foundation of Louisville is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants should apply by July 14 to firstname.lastname@example.org.