Our Vision: Inspiring Meaningful Lives While Transforming Our Jewish Future
Our Mission: A community rooted in Jewish culture and values providing a pathway to a changing world as we bring people together to discover, connect and flourish.
The Jewish Federation of Louisville is seeking a Senior Campaign Director to maximize and expand annual campaign and other fundraising efforts. Reporting to the Senior Vice-President of Philanthropy, the Senior Campaign Director will develop and implement the annual campaign plan, build and grow relationships with donors and prospects, manage and supervise a team of six high level development professionals. The successful candidate will prospect, cultivate, and manage top tier donors; design and implement creative and innovative fundraising strategies; recruit, organize and train volunteers; assure adherence to Campaign time schedules; oversee budgets; meet with individuals, corporations, and organizations to solicit funds for the Federation, and develop detailed knowledge of the Jewish community and philanthropic trends. The successful candidate will be an innovative leader and a team player with a strong sense of purpose, commitment, and personal responsibility to the Jewish Federation.
Passion. Purpose. Impact. Our local federation is the heart of Louisville’s Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we’re helping struggling families find financial stability, make Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connect the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Louisville’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drives our mission. We are part of a merged organization called Jewish Community of Louisville that includes our local Jewish Community Center and the Jewish Foundation of Louisville.
- Develop and implement an Annual Campaign plan:
- Develop effective campaign strategies (i.e. market segmentation, assignment of campaign prospects, donor rating and assignments, special programs and speakers).
- Identify, recruit, motivate, and train campaign solicitors.
- Maintain ongoing communication/meetings with Campaign Chair(s) and other leadership.
- Develop succession in Campaign leadership.
- Effectively utilize campaign data to maximize fundraising success.
- Work with the Jewish Federations of North America to keep informed of fundraising practices.
- Plan and implement all Annual Campaign activities:
- Supervise all divisions within Campaign
- Build cultivation strategies for new prospects.
- Oversee meetings for groups of donors and prospects.
- Organize annual campaign events, including recruiting event chairs, event planning and execution, and follow-up.
- Manage the Major Gifts campaign, with the SVP of Philanthropy.
- In coordination with development staff, rate and assign donors at all giving levels.
- Oversee management of phone-a-thons, including Super Sunday, and direct mail efforts.
- Responsible for a portfolio of 25 donor families.
- Manage donor follow-up (i.e. campaign pledges and thank you letters).
- Attend Board meetings as needed and make campaign reports.
- Recruit, implement and help plan missions to Israel and other countries as needed.
- Manage, coach and support portfolio management and stewardship efforts of federation staff team
- Serve as a part of the Federation professional team:
- Help to develop campaign and marketing collateral with the Marketing Director.
- Implement a corporate sponsorship program in partnership with Marketing.
- Supervise staff plans and implementation of Federation events and programs.
- General professional staff responsibilities:
- Foster positive professional relationships with Federation/JCL staff and agency colleagues.
- Serve as an ambassador of the Federation.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, community events, conferences, and professional development seminars as needed.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $75,000
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in financial resource development, including donor development and major gift solicitation, with a minimum of 4 years of experience leading a development team.
- Equivalent experience in sales, marketing or business development will also be considered.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven success building and maintaining trusted relationships with key stakeholders. Demonstrated ability to interact successfully with multiple constituencies.
- Leadership experience in building and growing teams.
- Familiarity with donor software, CRM’s and data management is highly desired.
How to Apply:
Contact information in which to submit a resume:
Stacy Gordon-Funk, SVP of Philanthropy, Jewish Federation of Louisville