The Center for Nonprofit Excellence (CNPE) is searching for a strategic partner to serve as our Senior Director of Strategic Communications & Marketing. This person will serve as a steward of CNPE’s member and stakeholder experience, guide decisions to align with CNPE’s culture and strategic imperatives. The Senior Director will promote the mission and acts as an integral team member in branding and marketing CNPE’s programs, offerings, and events. The Senior Director will work in conjunction with the CEO and directors to integrate multiple perspectives that will guide our communications and lead the organization’s positioning of brand and marketing efforts. This role is critical to the future of CNPE, as the Senior Director will be committed to building our membership base through smart communication strategy and execution, and raising CNPE’s voice and our place in the Metro Louisville area.
Reports to: Ann L. Coffey, CEO
PRIMARY DUTIES & OVERSIGHT
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications and marketing plan.
- Serve as strategic counsel to the CEO, board and staff.
- Build and maintain partnerships throughout the organization to understand multiple perspectives and maintain an informed point-of-view.
- Think proactively and conceptualize new ways to reach and engage new audiences within the Louisville nonprofit sector.
- Collaborate with other CNPE members to strategize, develop, implement and evaluate the annual marketing plan for CNPE’s educational events, consulting practice, membership, annual conference and special activities.
- Oversee the brand.
- Work with outside marketing and public relations partners and agencies.
- Develop news releases and work with media outlets to pitch stories.
- Develop and distribute print and digital collateral, including email marketing, monthly digital newsletters, our annual conference, and other materials as needed.
- Oversee website including maintenance, updates and revamps as needed.
- Enhance the visibility of CNPE in the Greater Louisville and Southern Indiana communities through print and electronic media.
- Develop and coordinate social media strategies.
- Produce regular reports of online activity.
- Serve as primary point of contact for CNPE’s communications.
Salary Range: $65,000 - $85,000
EDUCATION AND NEEDED SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, communications, or related field is preferred
- Journalism or nonprofit experience is preferred
- Strategic thinker who understands the interdependency of all facets of the work
- Understands different audiences
- Exemplary writing and verbal skills
- Comfortable and proficient with technology and the digital landscape
- Experience working with advertising, digital and public relations agencies
- Team oriented and collaborative
How to Apply:
Please send resume, cover letter, and three recent writing samples via email to Darlene Whitney, Director of Finance & Operations, at email@example.com by November 18. Please no phone calls.