We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Web Accessibility developer to join our team. In this position, you will play a key role in providing Web front end support for all areas of the organization and redesign our external facing websites.
You will update and maintain our APH websites and ensure that we comply with accessibility standards like WCGA 2.0. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform various coding and programming tasks, such as design or development of Web front-end, back-end Web-based applications, and Web/Internet services.
- May involve coding and integration of text, graphics, sound, and/or video. Career-Level position within field.
- Must have a firm grasp of responsive design implementation for all web to ensure content can be accessed on mobile devices with accessibility tools enabled.
- Considered highly skilled and proficient in discipline.
- Conducts complex tasks mission-critical to the organization.
- Works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment
- Understand users’ needs and how they affect software development
- Make recommendations for acquiring or implementing collaboration and accessibility solutions
- Participate in working groups to discuss accessibility issues and solutions
- Develop user stories and subsequent wire-frames for all newly designed web initiatives.
- Define web accessibility test scenarios and test conditions
- Develop detailed web accessibility test plans
- Manage testing process to ensure tests are traceable to the documented requirements
- Align test plan, design and execution with the IT UAT methodology, standards, policies, and procedures
- Set-up and configure test tools and assistive devices for testing providing a consistent environment across testing platforms
- 5+years accessibility testing experience.
- Experience in SDLC/STLC processes and Waterfall, Agile, Iterative methodologies
- Experience in QA/Software testing (manual, functional, UAT): 2- 5 years
- Experience in testing on multiple platforms and devices:, iOS, Windows and Android mobile devices
- Experience working with Accessibility Tools for major browsers – Firefox, IE, Chrome and Safari
- Expert level using OS and screenreading keystrokes as well as alternative touch gestures
- Experience in test execution and defect management- execute test scenarios and scripts, track and document defects; provide test results for review and develop test reports
- Expertise in using ALM QC, JIRA or other recording tools
- Understanding of accessibility related standards and laws, including Section 255 of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, WCAG 2.0 and Communications and Video Accessibility Act
- Experience/Expertise with JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, Talkback, ChromeVox, Zoomtext, FireEyes, WAT is required
- Typically requires six to nine years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Candidate must have experience with Accessibility within desktop and mobile environments to be considered.
- Interested in a highly motivated candidate with skills in front end development specializing in Accessibility best practices that conform to the refreshed Section 508 Standards of 2017.
- This individual will work independently and on a team to conduct accessibility/usability evaluations, remediate accessibility issues, and apply universal design concepts to provide interfaces that work for all.
- It is expected that this individual will serve as a beacon to shape interdepartmental best practices, developing and socializing accessibility best practices throughout the organization.
- Will have expert level knowledge on WCAG 2.0 AA automated test tools and will have demonstrable experience complimenting automated testing with functional, guided manual tests to verify accessibility of all content with Section 508 standards.
- Expertise with universal design concepts, WCAG, and accessibility testing and development tools