**POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED**
- Bachelor’s Degree with one of the following disciplines: Communications, Media Relations, Marketing, Digital/Social Media Marketing, Sales, Special Events, Advertising, Brand Marketing, or a related field OR a Bachelor’s degree in a non-related field with 2-5 years relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in special events and knowledge of event planning, management, and logistics. (or combined 1 year experience in internships, volunteer hours, relevant coursework, etc.)
- Knowledge of nonprofit fundraising is a plus!
- Planning, organization, and resource development skills are a must.
- Proficient computer skills required, especially with Microsoft Office (Publisher, Excel, Word, & Power Point).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as necessary, for events.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press, media, and community contacts.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- High energy, flexibility, and enthusiasm is a must!
- Willingness to learn new applications, software, programs, etc.
- Enthusiasm and excitement for the mission of Harbor House, and the participants and families we serve, and the ability to communicate this mission to anyone associated with or in contact with the organization.
- Establish and maintain relationships with community sponsors, partners, and donors.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds and sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends for events.
Responsible for planning, organizing and implementing special events which are designed to support the achievement of annual Development goals. Position will be responsible for ALL events including:
- Feathers & Friends Gala – February
- The Ken-Ducky Derby – April
- Lighthouse Fundraiser – September
- Christmas Appreciation Dinner – December
- Any other events deemed necessary.
Salary Range: < $35,000
- Core responsibility is to build donor relationships to achieve the goals set and to further the mission of Harbor House.
- Responsible for the development, planning and execution of Harbor House events, including the Ken-Ducky Derby (KDD)
- Work with Development Director to build and maximize corporate support including corporate teams, sponsorships, and partners.
- Identify and attract new members to serve on special events committee.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase the number of participants attending Harbor House special events.
- Cultivate donor relationships as related to Harbor House special events.
- Compile, maintain, and report on special events to the Development Director, CEO and others identified by management.
- Analyze trends in events, identifying issues and recommending solutions to the Development Director and to the CEO.
- Work with the chairperson of the special events committee to achieve goals.
- Responsible for the daily operations and management of any event data software.
- Provide information and reports required by the Development Director, Agency, Board of Directors, committees, and funding resources.
- Work closely with Communications and Outreach Coordinator to ensure all aspects of events are successful, such as marketing materials, social media, website updates, etc.
- Recruit, manage, & oversee special events/communications interns.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Development Director or CEO.
Wages and Benefits:
Wages and benefits are determined by Harbor House Policy. Salary is based on experience and education level. Specific information is available upon request when appropriate (only if the candidate makes it to the second round of interviews).
Harbor House of Louisville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28,000.00 to $34,000.00 /year
- event planning/event management: 1 year (Preferred)
- fundraising: 1 year (Preferred)
- obtaining sponsorship/donation: 1 year (Preferred)
- non-profit: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Louisville, KY (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- 50% (Preferred)
How to Apply:
Apply on Indeed
Or e-mail your resume to Marla Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Special Events and Fundraising Coordinator" in the subject line.