Summary: Special Events Manager will be an important team member in managing the rental of the Graeser Family Education Center (GFEC) by outside entities and coordinating internal events for Waterfront Botanical Gardens (WBG). She or he will be an integral and motivating part of our dedicated team that strives to engage our community through the public use and programming in the facilities of Waterfront Botanical Gardens.
Organizational Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commitment to WBG’s mission and its core values. Facilitates and supports the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Supports and facilitates positive interaction with others by exhibiting: individual maturity; respect for others; a team-centered approach; maintenance of confidential information; and, an appreciation of a multicultural workplace.
- Exhibits effective writing, organizational, time management, and interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Effectively prioritizes and coordinates job tasks for maximum productivity.
- Participates in appropriate professional development programs and training to attain and maintain competency.
- Effectively schedules the use of the Graeser Family Education Center, handles deposits and rental fees in coordinating with Finance, completes required documentation for all internal and external events, and insures customer satisfaction in use of the building.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as point person with clients, staff and vendors for all external events booked at Waterfront Botanical Gardens.
- Manages event calendar for internal and external event reservations.
- Maintains efficient record-keeping for rental contracts, payment schedules, event details, vendor lists and vendor contracts.
- Insures that events sponsored by WBG are implemented according to plan.
- Works with President and marketing staff to develop a marketing plan for WBG as an event space to the public.
- Enforces policies as outlined in rental/vendor contracts.
- Is on-site staff lead-facilitator during
Salary Range: $45,000 - $55,000
Manages the planning and execution of internal WBG events, and external event rentals, which includes face-to-face contact with clients, and thorough document administration in support of those events, to include invoicing, record keeping and reconciliation.
Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented. Requires excellent computer, organization, project management and planning skills. Must have both the ability to manage projects on his/her own, as well as the interpersonal skills required to be an effective member of a team. Must have the ability to present a positive image of the organization to the community. Must have an efficient and productive work style to allow maximum and efficient use of limited resources. Requires the ability to work well with other staff, board, committee members, vendors, and volunteers. Works with computers and required to be proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
Responsible for the management of event rentals including outside vendors, and works closely with Facilities Coordinator and Horticulture staff.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability necessary to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree preferred in a related field and 5-7 years experience in a similar capacity, including scheduling and managing events, invoice processing and records management related to the job activities. Experience in a team setting preferred.
Ability to read, write, and converse in English. Ability to speak knowledgeably with donors, clients, volunteers, and other staff. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, vendors, staff and others.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must have current driver's license and insurable driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Must be willing to work evenings, holidays, or on weekends as requested for special events. Must be able to work the required hours to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Benefits Offered: Health insurance; simple IRA; paid time off for vacation, sick days and holidays; and, flex spending account.
How to Apply:
To apply please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Application deadline: January 24, 2020