Responsible for coordination of the planning and management of a variety of activities and projects designed for success in advancement. The Chief of Staff will also provide administrative and management support to the Chief Advancement Officer.
ORGANIZATIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supports the mission, vision, and philosophy of St. Joseph Children’s Home. Facilitates and supports the design and implementation of policies and procedures.
2. Supports all functions that attain and maintain accreditation and compliance with regulatory agencies.
3. Supports and facilitates positive interaction with others by exhibiting: Individual maturity, respect for others, a team-centered approach, maintenance of confidential information, and an appreciation of a multicultural workplace.
4. Exhibits excellent communication and organizational skills.
5. Participates in appropriate professional development programs to attain and maintain competency.
6. Effectively manages financial and physical resources to achieve St. Joseph Children’s Home objectives.
7. Reports (and if possible, provides intervention for) incidents of abuse or potential abuse involving children to the appropriate supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists the Chief Advancement Officer in planning, organizing and directing the overall aspects of the capital campaign for St. Joseph Children’s Home.
2. Assists the Chief Advancement Officer in the establishment and evaluation of short and long-range goals and timelines for the campaign.
3. Serves as the campaign liaison to advancement staff, coordinating activity with communications and marketing.
4. Prepares periodic campaign reports and analyzes data for use by the Advancement staff for the purpose of monitoring progress and maintaining campaign momentum.
5. Serves as a liaison to the capital campaign committee and other campaign volunteers in the organization and execution of cultivation and solicitation events.
6. Manages the production and flow of campaign-related information and materials in cooperation with appropriate staff to include printed materials, newsletters, website and media relations.
7. Works with appropriate advancement staff to manage gift acknowledgements, donor research and donor management processes as they relate to the campaign.
8. Participates in the planning and execution of special events related to the campaign, including dedications and celebrations.
9. Works as the stewardship coordinator for all donors.
10. Responsible for executing the advancement stewardship plan, in coordination with advancement staff.
11. Assists Chief Advancement Officer in implementing overall advancement strategic plan, along with helping with communication with donors, both capital campaign donors and annual donors. Provides administrative and management support to the Chief Advancement Officer where needed.
12. Maintains donor and agency confidentiality and exhibits discretion in dealings with the general public, event committees, board of directors, and agency staff.
1. Assists in special projects as needed/requested.
2. Promotes the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) process by identifying opportunities for improvement.
3. Attends and participates in administrative/staff/committee meetings/trainings as required and assigned by agency.
4. Within departmental parameters, exhibits customer service, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
5. Effectively prioritizes and coordinates job tasks for maximum productivity.
6. Facilitates other projects/staff as assigned.
Salary Range: $35,000 - $50,000
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college is required with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in fundraising campaigns, special events, annual campaigns, major gift initiatives, or an equivalent combination of experience. Must possess a thorough knowledge of the laws, regulations, and guidelines concerning resource development.
How to Apply: