GENERAL FUNCTIONS: Provide executive leadership for the agency’s fiscal health and financial management and, for its operational infrastructure including Facilities Management, Information Technology and Risk Management. As a member of the Center’s Executive Team, contribute to development and implementation of organizational policy and major initiatives as well as strategic vision. Oversee day to day operations of the Finance department, and oversight of the Facilities Department. Develop and track the agency budget and ensure mission-focused administrative support to all departments. Work directly with the Board of Directors on all financial and operational matters. Manage all communication and coordination with the Board Finance Committee, serving as Co-Chair along with the Board Treasurer.
QUALITIES: Strong core accounting and finance skills. Demonstrated successful experience in leadership and staff supervision. Focused and analytical approach to creative problem solving. Success in working in collaborative environments. Spirit of stewardship and appreciation for transparency in decision-making and reporting.
- Produce accurate and timely financial reports for use by the Finance Committee of the Board and internal departmental Directors.
- Ensure that financial systems and processes support the accurate tracking of various sources of revenue, including governmental and private grants, appropriately managing the use of restricted funds.
- Ensure that financial systems are integrated, consistent with, and support accurate tracking and management for:
- Grants development and management
- Personnel, especially associated with restricted funding sources
- Fund development activities
- Department and program budgets
- Work with the Board Treasurer and serve as Co-Chair of the Board Finance Committee, including coordinating monthly meetings and responding to Board inquiries
- Lead annual budget development process, working with Directors, VPs, and the President, for presentation and acceptance by the Board.
- Lead monthly internal manage-to-budget meetings with Program Directors, VPs, and the President.
- Support and supervise Finance department staff by providing procedures and instruction for day to day operations.
- Contribute, collaboratively and strategically, as a member of the Executive Team to provide agency-wide planning, development, and leadership, and exemplifying the Center’s values.
- Coordinate with VPs of Development and Human Resources, and Grants Director to provide financial analysis for various agency and programmatic proposals.
- Represent the agency as appropriate and assigned in various external capacities and with community partners.
- Negotiate, and/or consult on, and manage all contracts and leases, and maintain a record of those contracts, including key deadlines and expiration dates.
- Oversee business insurance policies, including applications and staying in touch with the insurance broker during the year.
- Oversee preparations for annual financial audit, coordinating with the audit firm to schedule dates, track progress, and provide status updates to the finance committee.
- Serve as a member of the Benefits Work Group, contributing to fiduciary oversight for the 401K Plan and collaborating with VP for Human Resources to negotiate and select annual healthcare and additional benefits.
- Supervise Director of Facilities, ensuring that all building systems are maintained and that problems are addressed efficiently and in a timely manner, and that consistent standards for cleanliness and sanitation are maintained.
- Ensure all technology – computers, telephones, internet, printers/copiers, security alarms and cameras, etc. – function effectively, and are maintained and replaced or updated, as necessary. Provide direction and oversight to all vendors and service providers. Chair staff IT Work Group, ensuring that staff have a voice and are consulted on all IT matters.
- Develop a Risk Management protocol and collaborate with VP for Human Resources to Co-Chair agency Work Group to provide on-going monitoring.
- Participate in functioning of ImpactV, collaborating with other agencies’ CFOs and CEOs to advance its functioning and development.
Salary Range: $65,000 - $75,000
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or comparable finance-related program. Active CPA license or ability to acquire license within two years.
- 5-7 years financial management experience; experience in a not-for-profit environment a plus.
- Proficiency in common accounting packages and Excel. Experience with NetSuite preferred.
- Familiarity with database structures and common applications strongly preferred.
- Understanding of building functions and informational technology systems.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a driving record that meets CWF automobile insurance requirements
- Must pass criminal background and motor vehicle check, post-contingent of offer of employment.
How to Apply: