Would you like to make a difference by helping low-income communities obtain access to solar energy? We are looking for an AmeriCorps VISTA Member who will assist houses of worship and other faith-based and non-faith-based 501(c)(3) charitable organizations that serve low-income communities interested in building solar panels on their facilities. The VISTA Member will connect funding sources, solar installers and charities. The solar energy provided will save money for the agencies, provide economic stimulus with the hope of creating jobs, and reduce air pollution that is adversely impacting these communities.
This is a full-time, one-year, service position offered by Kentucky Interfaith Power and Light through the Homes for All program of the Homeless & Housing Coalition of Kentucky. The VISTA member will research available resources, make connections to potential funders, identify potential solar installers, identify potential communities for installing solar, and publicize the successes of the program.
Salary Range: < $35,000
Individuals should be willing to:
- commit to a one-year term of service
- travel as necessary in Kentucky during their term of service
- demonstrate passion for educating people and communities on the economic and environmental benefits of renewable energy
- attend a three-day, overnight training (potentially in Central Kentucky) from August 14th-16th, 2020.
In return, individuals will receive:
- $12,490 (gross) living allowance
- $6,195 taxable education award upon completion of program
- training and professional development on renewable energy
AmeriCorps Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National or have status as a Lawful Permanent Resident Alien
Please note that final candidates will be required to successfully pass a background check before being officially enrolled as an AmeriCorps VISTA Member.
AmeriCorps VISTA Members may NOT be in school full-time or have another full-time position.
Kentucky IPL Preferred Qualifications:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proven ability to solve problems and be flexible
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work well both independently and in a team environment
- Intercultural communication skills and experience working within diverse communities
- Able to present oneself in a highly professional manner and be an ambassador of the program
- Valid drivers’ license and proof of insurance.
How to Apply:
Service term with Kentucky IPL begins on August 17, 2020, after the VISTA member attends a three-day, overnight training August 14-16. Contact us today if you want to be a part of this exciting new program.
Send resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com by July 1, 2020. An email confirmation with further instructions will be sent upon receipt of application. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.