Habitat for Humanity of Metro Louisville is looking for a Volunteer Programs Manager to oversee all aspects of the organization’s volunteer engagement including recruitment, development and stewardship.
Each year, Habitat for Humanity of Metro Louisville engages thousands of volunteers to help families and individuals prepare for homeownership and build or repair a place they can call home. Additionally, volunteers staff our ReStore retail operations and provide administrative support.
The Volunteer Programs Manager will develop a range of policies, procedures and tools to guide the volunteer programs and reflect the overall values of the organization. The ideal candidate will be experienced in working with and managing volunteers, be flexible with their schedule, working Tuesday – Saturday, including some early morning and evening hours.
The Volunteer Programs Manager will report directly to the Director of Marketing and Development, but will work closely with all departmental Directors to meet the volunteer needs of each team. This is a full time position with a comprehensive benefits package and the starting pay range of a minimum of $32,000 annually; to be adjusted based on skills, qualifications and experience.
- Develop and implement annual volunteer engagement plan that aligns with the organizational goals for the volunteer program
- Develop and manage budgets for the volunteer programs
- Collaborate closely with team leaders across organization to assess the volunteer needs and consistently engage the necessary number of individual and group volunteers
- Implement volunteer management strategy to guide recruitment, development and recognition efforts
- Work with Marketing and Communications manager to develop and update all digital and print volunteer materials
- Use in-house technologies and social media to support volunteer recruitment and retention.
- Proactively seek out and coordinate with other staff to capitalize on tabling, networking and speaking engagement opportunities to increase volunteer recruitment
- Maintain relationships with volunteer coordinators from corporate, church and civic organizations to build strategic partnerships in support of the mission.
- Work with department heads to develop a collaborative training protocol, including presentations and an orientation program to increase volunteers’ understanding of the organization, its needs, impact and the role and responsibilities of volunteers
- Train staff and volunteer leaders to work effectively and cooperatively to engage and onboard new volunteers
- Track volunteer data, gather feedback and manage volunteer accountability, including coaching and conflict resolution, to improve volunteer experience and communication
- Oversee the creation and implementation of a volunteer recognition program
- Plan and implement formal and informal volunteer activities to recognize the contribution of volunteers to the organization
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in volunteer program management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Passionate about Habitat for Humanity’s mission and purpose
- High energy and the ability to function effectively with a minimum of daily direction
- Love for teamwork and collaboration; ability to deal with objections
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exemplify a professional demeanor and a positive attitude
- Ability to work in a variety of settings with culturally-diverse families and communities
- Track record of high achievement and desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; proficiency with Volunteer Hub or other volunteer management software is a plus
- Ability to remain flexible regarding job requirements
- Manages work in an office environment, but managing the activities of volunteers may sometimes be in non-standard workplaces.
- Valid driver’s license
The work is primarily performed in an office environment, some travel to construction sites, retail location, or other locations will be required with mileage reimbursement. Work schedule is Tuesday-Saturday with some early mornings and evenings.
Please send resume to HR@HRWorksinc.com.
Job posting expires 3/22/2018.