KyCAD seeks a Vice President who will work collaboratively and collectively, in partnership with the President and other key stakeholders within the governance and framework of the College. The VP of Finance will have direct oversight of the college’s operating budget and restricted funds. Among the new key priorities, the VPF will be able to lead financial, analytical, and strategic planning that align with the College’s mission; to cultivate and foster an environment that will drive KyCAD forward, in addition to providing strong fiscal stewardship to identify the strongest revenue and expense models for successful operation. The successful candidate will be a strategic and analytical individual with 7-10 years of managerial accounting and financial management experience – non-profit and/or fund accounting is preferred – in a rapidly growing start-up environment. You will have achieved already the status of CFO or you will consider yourself on a CFO career track.
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Analyzing 501(C)3 financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support organization growth needs.
- Developing and coordinating all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) as well as 501(c)3 FASB guidelines.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and providing comprehensive analytical results reporting. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking and informational purposes.
- Coordinating, preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Overseeing the annual audit
- Coordinating and/or preparing tax schedules, returns and information including but not limited to Form 990.
- Managing relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Managing cash flow and providing – at minimum – a quarterly cash flow analysis
- Building an accounting department, and departmental structure as the organization grows
- Interacting with Spalding University, partners and KyCAD board of directors.
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
- Prepare projections and forecasts to assist in the development of KyCAD the 501(c)3 as an independent College of Art and Design.
- 7-10 plus years of managerial accounting and financial management experience.
- Experience working in a growing start up environment strongly preferred.
- Recent experience scaling a finance operation from inception to at least $40 million in annual revenues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA and/or CMA preferred but not required.
- FASB and/or Fund Accounting experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience in academic budgeting, building a zero-based budget model, and communicating that to key members of the organization. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Merger and acquisition finance experience.
How To Apply:
Application materials should be submitted electronically to Caitlin Wilson: email@example.com and should include the following:
- A one-page cover letter
- A current CV
- The names of three professional references
Kentucky College of Art and Design is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. The organization complies with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws. It is the Organization’s policy not to discriminate against any individual or group of individuals and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status or other protected status. A criminal background check will be part of the pre-employment screening.