You’re passionate. You’re hard-working. You care deeply about the mission of your organization.
And you don’t just want to be good at your gig, you want to #BeExcellent… right?
Getting better at what you do is an important part of any job. Getting better at your job when you work at a nonprofit can be tough — especially when time and resources can seem so scarce.
We get it.
So, we’ve created high-quality professional development opportunities tailored for you. Yes, you! Whether you’re looking for intro-level workshops or advanced executive development, our programs and workshops are designed to meet the needs of the community.
Check out our events calendar to discover your next nonprofit learning experience.
Tried and true, Destination:Excellence, Nonprofit CEO Roundtable, and ShipShape are CNPE’s flagship programs. They repeat either annually or bi-annually and typically represent a greater time commitment than our ongoing workshops.
It’s lonely at the top. That’s why we’ve created a nonprofit leadership program that brings nonprofit leaders together.
In a six-month period, Destination:Excellence (D:E) is designed to elevate the leadership capabilities of Executive Directors, CEOs, or Senior Leadership. The program is uniquely tailored to the needs of a nonprofit leader: generating safe space to share ideas, learn valuable key competencies, and solve real-world problems using real-world examples.
Our 2018 D:E Class applications are NOW OPEN.
(Tuition is based on a sliding scale, based on the annual revenues of the organization)
- Less than $500,000 = $700 (CNPE member)/$900 (non-member)
- $500,000 – $999,999 = $850/$1,050
- $1,000,000 – $1,999,999 = $1,000/$1,200
- $2,000,000 & higher = $1,250/$1,500
Shipshape Board Development
Need to shake off the dust? Or maybe you’re just laying a foundation for a life full of service. Offered twice a year, ShipShape Board Development is THE best way to:
- Kick off your Board service journey
- Inspire and better lead your Board
- Reach peak Board service potential
Nonprofit CEO Roundtable
Even those at the top of their game need a leg up. Take a seat at our table for advice, feedback, and support.
Meeting once every month, the Nonprofit CEO Roundtable is peer sharing done right. We facilitate this confidential convening of nonprofit CEOs as a way to efficiently gain from the experiences and wisdom of others, without ever hearing “You should…”. We’re committed to helping one another succeed.
The best leaders take time to reflect with colleagues, share best practices and renew themselves. This confidential, yet friendly, gathering for chief executives will cover issues most important to increase your organization’s effectiveness such as: board management, HR, resource development, and more…
When should you attend?
- You need guidance and support for new situations or challenges
- Your Board, staff, or a funder just isn’t the right resource
- You want to explore new ideas and get some feedback
- You need a diverse network of colleagues and collaborations
- You want to feel renewed or energized to help you move forward
- You want to engage in a safe, supportive, and friendly environment to increase your organization’s effectiveness
Features and benefits include:
- Limited to 18 executive directors and CEOs from a diverse range experience levels, organization and budget sizes and sub-sectors
- Professionally facilitated, 90 minute monthly meetings are closed to participants when the group is filled
- A closed Facebook group to connect with others in between each session.
- Bring topics of interest to monthly meetings and leave with input from your peers’ experiences
- Learn and grow as a leader by having your own group to serve as a sounding board
- Agree and commit to strict confidentiality
- Attend at least 5 of the first 6 sessions.
Get in touch with our Director of Learning, Merv Antonio, to learn more.
Perfect for those moments you need to quickly hone in on a skill, topic, or competency, CNPE’s ongoing workshops typically happen in 1-2 hour, half day, or full day sessions and focus on topics like Fundraising, Leadership, Board Governance, Marketing, and more.
CNPE offers exclusive professional development and classes partnering with The Lilly Family School of Philanthropy at Indiana University throughout the year? Look for them on our Events Calendar here.
Check out our calendar of events to find your next professional development today!
Not seeing the right workshop for you on our calendar? We can design a custom workshop based on just about any topic you’d like. Take a look at examples of our repertoire of subjects below:
- Creating a Successful Culture
- Planning that Works
- Creativity in the Workplace
- Learning to Collaborate
- Mentoring for Success
- Organizational Goal Setting
- The Power of Vision
- Management Basics
- Succession Planning
- Leadership Principles
- Politics, Persuasion, and Influence in the Workplace
- High Performing Teams
- Improved Time Management
- Project Management Essentials
- Solving Systemic Problems
- Coping with Change
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Ethics in the Workplace
- Effective Learning Skills
- Holding Productive Meetings
- Communications in the Workplace
- Improved Business Writing
- Persuasive Presentations
- Art of Facilitating
- Art of Dialogue